Baby Car seat fitting in Melbourne
Car Seat fitting in Melbourne is a child restraint fitting service for independent child restraint fitters that are all accredited by ACRI and maintain their membership through continual training and being audited by ACRI (Australian Child restraint Initiative).
Our car seat fitting service now extends to include child restraint fitting, baby capsule installation as well as checking (available through select mothers clubs in melbourne) of the child restraint for your personal peace of mind.
Our car seat fitting service is more than just fitting your child restraint into your car
- We come to your home, office or even to the hospital; so that you do not have to stress about trying to find the time for a car seat fitting in Melbourne
- We explain how your car seat operates
- We cover all the potential issues you may encounter when using your car seat
- we let you ask any questions you may have, we do not rush you into a 15-20 minute time slot
- We guide you through the whole experience of operating your car seat so that you are confident in its operation
We aim to bring you a site dedicated to understanding child car restraints with an emphasis on the importance of ensuring our children are safe whilst travelling in cars; plus we will review the car seats from a parents perspective, looking at items which help you decide to buy a particular child restraint
We deliver a service that ensures that you baby Car Seat is fitted professionally. As accredited ACRI Professionals we ensure that you understand how to use your baby Car Seat correctly as well as the typical problems you may encounter, plus helpful tips and hints only a professional ACRI child restraint fitter knows.
Rest assured; as professional ACRI ACCREDITED Child restraint technicians we maintain accreditation through continual training and auditing by the ACRI.
In November 2009, national car restraint laws came into affect regarding child restraints. Child restraint fitting now offer a service where we will perform an audit of your infant car seat to check and ensure that it is compliant with the current requirements (small fee).
Specifically, the law requires children –
- Up to the age of six months to be restrained in a rearward facing child restraint (e.g. infant capsule);
- From six months until the age of four to be restrained in either a rearward or forward facing child restraint (e.g. child safety seat); and
- From four years until the age of eight to be restrained in either a forward facing child restraint or booster seat restrained by a correctly adjusted and fastened seat belt or child safety harness.
- Children up to four years of age must be restrained in the rear of the vehicle (where the vehicle has two or more rows of seats);
By specifying the type of restraint to be used at different ages and where children must be seated in a vehicle, the new laws will reduce the risk of injury caused by the use of unsuitable restraints for a child’s size.
Yes you can install your baby car seat into you car , however many car seat installations are not as straight forward as many parents may believe. What do you do when the seat is contoured and it makes fitting the seats in difficult, how about when the back seat of the car is reclined, maybe yoyu cannot install the baby car seat because you cannot find the anchor point, or the tether strap keeps falling between the seats making the baby car seat fitting very loose and un-stable.
These are some of the problems an accredited ACRI fitter faces on a daily basis and only ACRI Fitters know how to resolve these issues.
In MELBOURNE Contact your Nearest ACRI FITTER on 0420 516 587.
All the child restraint fitters are fully insured for these activities.