Summary Safe n Sound Compaq Car seat
The original Safe n Sound Compaq ahr was originally the smallest child restraint on the market, however design changes meant the britax compaq car-seat received a base making the car seat wider and more difficult to fit three across the backseat. The base of the new Safe n Sound Compaq AHR was made smaller appealing to a wider range of parents looking for a solution for smaller cars.
Safe n Sound Compaq Car seat Features
The new Britax Compaq AHR now features Britax’s unique Active Head Restraint (AHR); this assists to protect your baby’s head in the case of a side impact. The addition of the AHR increases energy absorption in a side impact crash by as much as 25%.
Some of the key features of the Britax Compaq AHR car-seat include:
- Active Head Restraint (AHR™) – providing head protection as your child grows.
- Easy Adjust Harness – no need to take the car seat out of the car to re-thread the harness as the child is growing, therefore helping to reduce the likelihood of installing the carseat incorrectly.
- A new push button to adjust the Easy Adjust Harness from the front of the seat.
- The large side wings are EPS lined and have been constructed to contain and protect your child’s head in a side impact crash.
- The Safe-n-Sound Compaq AHR is ideal for cars that are smaller internally in width. Families with 3 children across the back seat (all in car seats); benefit from the new slim compaq AHR design.
- The narrow external width allows for better access to seat belt buckles, making it easier to install the carseat.
- Suitable for children from birth to 12 months – rearward facing, then from 12 months to approx 4 years of age – forward facing.
The new Safe n Sound (Britax) Compaq AHR Carseat is available in 4 colours – Blue, Black, Grey and Cool Berry
Britax have released the Britax Slim line AHR read my opinion I only recommend it for parents wanting an ISOFIX connection